Healing After Loss
Although you may be in uncharted waters, you do not need to navigate the journey of grief alone. We’ll be here for you with encouragement, hope and fellowship.
Our grief and loss services include a support network and programs to strengthen and find comfort in your faith. We can help you arrive at a relative place of peace, so you can get back on your feet and find joy in life again.
“Grief is not a disorder, a disease, or a sign of weakness. It is an emotional, physical, and spiritual necessity, the price you pay for love. The only cure for grief is to grieve.”
-Dr. Earl A. Grollman, Author of “Living When a Loved One Has Died”
We're Here to HelpSubmit Inquiry
Current Grief & Loss Programs
- Free of charge and open to the community, our grief and loss programs are facilitated by Martha Furman, a licensed professional counselor and marriage and family therapist of Total Life Counseling.
- Grief Support Group for Adults Every Tuesday from noon - 1:30 pm (Roanoke)
- Healing Hearts Grief Support for Youth One Monday night a month (Roanoke)
- Camp Braveheart Every June, Camp Braveheart brings together grieving children and teens (grades 3-12) from across the country to address their unique emotional and spiritual needs. Since the Christ-centered and nationally recognized camp's founding over a decade ago, Gentle Shepherd has financially supported the program and sponsored scholarships. To learn more, please visit www.campbraveheart.com.
- For more information about our bereavement programs, please contact Leana Kail, Executive Director of Operations at 540-989-6265.