Healing After Loss
Although you may be in uncharted waters, you do not need to navigate the journey of grief alone. We’ll be here for you with encouragement, hope and fellowship.
Our grief and loss services include a support network and programs to strengthen and find comfort in your faith. We can help you arrive at a relative place of peace, so you can get back on your feet and find joy in life again.
“Grief is not a disorder, a disease, or a sign of weakness. It is an emotional, physical, and spiritual necessity, the price you pay for love. The only cure for grief is to grieve.”
-Dr. Earl A. Grollman, Author of “Living When a Loved One Has Died”
We're Here to HelpSubmit Inquiry
Current Grief & Loss Programs
- Our grief and loss support groups are facilitated by Martha Furman, a licensed professional counselor and marriage and family therapist. They are held at Total Life Counseling, 5401 Fallowater Lane in Roanoke. All are welcome. There is no charge to join our support groups.
- Grief Support Group for Adults Every Tuesday from noon - 1:30 pm (Roanoke)
- Healing Hearts Grief Support Group for Youth One Monday night a month (Roanoke)
- Camp Braveheart (grades 3-12) Every June, Camp Braveheart brings together grieving children and teens from across the country to address their unique emotional and spiritual needs. Since the Christ-centered and nationally recognized camp was founded over a decade ago, Gentle Shepherd has financially supported the program and sponsored scholarships. To learn more, please visit www.campbraveheart.com.
- For more information about our bereavement programs, please contact Terry Dowdy at 540-989-6265.