Hospice Care Team
In addition to scheduled visits each week, a nurse is always on-call 24/7 to answer questions or make an emergency visit if necessary. Consider us your 911, day or night.
All of your physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs can be addressed by your care team with a personalized, comprehensive and coordinated care plan.
During your first visit with a nurse, you can discuss what services you need and the frequency of visits. If you also need home care or other personal services, our social worker can connect you with community resources — including our dedicated hospice volunteers.
Meet the Gentle Shepherd Hospice team.
We're Here to HelpSubmit Inquiry
Your hospice care team can include:
- Physicians Hospice physicians are board-certified and participate in ongoing discussions with your primary nurse and care team about the best medical care to meet your individual needs.
- Registered Hospice Nurses (RNs) Our registered hospice nurses have extensive clinical experience and specialize in end-of-life care. They manage pain and other symptoms, answer questions, provide support to patients and families and helps set the stage for a death with dignity.
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) Hospice CNAs assist with various personal care issues including changing bedding, bathing, changing clothing, helping with hygienic routines such as brushing teeth, washing hair and keeping wounds and dressings cleaned. They also offer considerable support to caregivers and family members.
- Social Worker Our hospice social workers are available to help patients, their loved ones and caregivers navigate the practical and emotional issues that arise during the end-of-life journey.
- Chaplains Our hospice chaplains are available to support you, regardless of your religious affiliation or spiritual perspective. Your care plan is designed to reflect YOUR personal beliefs, values and wishes. Our calling and mission is to deliver the care outlined in your plan in a manner modeled by Christ.
- Volunteers Volunteers are available to help keep you and your loved ones company and assist with "little things" that can make a big difference in your family's quality of life.